Cabo

Cabo San Lucas Travel Blog

Cabo San Lucas
Our final port was in Cabo San Lucas.  While anchoring at sea we took smaller boats to shore.

Walking through the shops and restaurants we enjoyed an afternoon of strolling through friendly, warm streets, and enjoying the views. Cabo San Lucas is famous for quite a few things, but I choose to remember it for the inky-blue water and the best carne asada I have ever eaten.  I was struck with the beauty of the port. Because it remained somewhat small compared to other ports it was so beautiful to see recreation and fishing boats tied to docks.  It felt like a leisure oasis.

Thought our stay in this city was short, it was memorable.  Quaint shops, expansive markets for souvenirs, open air restaurants, duty-free perfume places, and, of course, Cabo Wabo.
Los Arcos.
  Seeing Los Archos was high on my list. This rock formation is instantly recognizable in photos.

On this journey I collected a few things to take home with me.  I couldn't resist buying a small, brightly decorated bowl that represented classic Mexican design.  I also tend to collect perfume where ever I go.  When I wear that perfume at any point in the future the smell of it brings me back to a place and time that originates in a tropical place..... I call that therapy  :o)   Also, as you can see, I am not afraid to snap a couple of photos of my destinations either.  Once home I use some of the photos to grace the walls of my home in a rotating art gallery that I use to inspire me throughout the year and start conversations as guest enter my home.  I love traveling.....did I mention that?

homeres says:
i cant wait til i visit Cabo!!!
Posted on: Dec 12, 2009
Shopping
Shopping
Cabo San Lucas Sights & Attractions review
Cabo San Lucas Lighthouse
This lovely lighthouse is located in the harbor of Cabo San Lucas, Mexico as it guides cruise ships and cargo vessels into port. Beautiful!
photo by: kanaknaidu