Day 6 and 7 - Barcelona

Barcelona Travel Blog

Sagrada Familia
Day 6 was a drive day. We made a few stops along the way, including one at Pont du Gard to see the aqueduct. We got into Barcelona just as the sun was setting and went to see the Sagrada Familia before going to the hotel. We spotted the nearest liquor store and ten minutes after check in everyone was in there. By the time I got back to the hotel from the store there were two room parties and everyone was well into it. I went to the one closest to my room and hung out for a bit before we heard our tour guide was going to take us on a pub crawl because his favorite pub is in Barcelona.
So we headed out on another great pub crawl. Our first stop was pretty much deserted but full of circus decorations and gambling tables.
Me, Mikki and the rose
They had a crazy table with 2 Euro shots. I spent way to much time there. I don't know what the shot was, but it consisted of one blue bottle and one red bottle with the label Jet Boom on them. And then there were flaming orange shots and various other shots including fire. After a while the day song came on so we all rushed the dance floor. Then our adventure to the next pub started. It was quite a walk so we all caught cabs, but the place we were going to was closed. So we wandered around La Rambla for a bit until we caught cabs to our next stop. The only thing was our driver dropped us off at the wrong place. So me, Kate, Laura and Chloe spent a while looking in random clubs for the group. Eventually me and Kate gave up and caught a cab back to the hotel with a stop at the McDonalds drive through.
Kate, CJ and me before the Jet Boom.

Day 7 was a good day for a sleep in. I got up around 4 and went into town for a few hours before we were supposed to meet back at the hotel. When we did meet up our guide had to tell us to be a little quieter in the hotels after receiving a complaint from the concierge who referred to some of us as "drunken pirates". Not only did the wrong girl get blamed for that, but the real drunken pirates found it to be something to be proud of.
But it was the Flamenco Show tonight and so we hopped on the bus and drove into town. The Flamenco Show was pretty cool and they were serving us tons on sangria. Then after dinner our guide decided to try to go to his favorite pub again. So we headed out in search of the place he was calling the "Fairy Pub", which worried a few people. We ended up breaking into little groups again and eventually me and the people I was with walked into what appeared to be a wax museum. So we walked back out but ran into our guide walking in. So we followed him through the old west wax museum part, through old castle entrances and suddenly were in an indoor forrest with a huge bar in the middle of it. We spent most of our night there and I headed back with a cab full of people to try to sleep it off before our bus ride, but a bunch of people including our guide went back to the club the were at the night before.
Me, Mikki and the rose
Kate, CJ and me before the Jet Boo…
Kate, CJ and me before the Jet Bo…
Flamenco dancers