Day 22 and 23

Amsterdam Travel Blog

Confused ducks.
Day 22 we arrived at our last stop, Amsterdam. Crazy place. Our first night we went and saw a show, that was weird. Then we went out on the town. We split into two groups, drinkers and smokers. After a while we met up with the smokers group and had some fun at their expense. We went to some cool pubs and clubs and called it a rather early night for us, about 2 a.m., cause tomorrow was our last day together.

Day 23 we all got up and there was a sobering feeling of our last day together as a group. We had been through quiet a bit together over the last three weeks and had all become good friends, and we were all about to jet off to different parts of the world the next day. We had been through some amazing places and hilarious times, lost some girls in Florence and met up in Rome, had Ben and our guide beat up and arrested in Munich, and just all the other things that had been going on (you had to be there really).
But we started the day by driving to a clog and cheese makers house. Learned how to make cheese and clogs in about fifteen minutes and then got to eat some cheese samples. Me and Tom Coffey had both missed breakfast and ended up eating around three little wheels of cheese by ourselves, it was so good. Then we headed into the heart of Amsterdam. We walked around for a bit and found an amazing little place with a 7 euro all you can eat Italian food deal. Dream come true. Then we met up with some of our friends and were going to go to the Heineken factory but I stayed behind with Dubbo (Zoe), Ranga (Emma) and Oo.S.A. (Andrew) to go see Anne Frank's house and find some souvenirs while we explore the city a bit more. We ran into some of the girls that had spent a little too long in one of the cafes and needed help getting back to the hotel so we all cabbed back, we were staying right by Schipol.
We had plans to meet for our last dinner together and canal cruise and pub crawl. We called for a cab and set off. Our driver was a funny guy, accused every other driver of being high or drunk, and talked to Joe about football the whole time. He got us to the meeting point after nearly crashing into a few cars and metro and almost driving off a bridge, but it was more funny than scary. So we bused out to our last dinner together. I scored a seat by Mikki, Aneetha, Clarie and Jess. After being "groped" by them for a while, dinner came and so did some speeches from Davo (Jason) our guide, a third of Party Asia going missing, and lots of wine. Then was our cruise. I ended up sitting with Becky, and T.A. right by the bar. As pictures and goodbyes started flowing, the co-captain started the drinking games.
First the girls went, a representative from each country went up and had a beer drinking contest. The Australian competitor, Little Jess, drank wine instead, and ended up winning, much to Davo's horror, who had joined team USA cause there were no American girls. Then was the guys turn, I had to go up for Canada, against Andrew, Coffey, and real Dave. Andrew edged me by a bit, but we both had some fun telling the Australian competition how slow they were. So it was Andrew and Little Jess in the finals. No one really won, just Little Jess was really drunk after. Then we docked and some of the group called it a night, so I went and said goodbye to Gustavo the driver, Matt and Lisa, Nick and Pip and Jodi. Then I piggy backed Katherine for a while, which must have been scary as I could hardly walk after the cruise.
Anne Frank
Then we went to a place with 2 euro jagger shots. Somehow Jeremy worked a deal with the bartender that if we ordered 8 Jagger Bombs they would be cheaper. So me, Jeremy, Joe and Dave had 2 each, and we did them as fast as humanly possible. Then Davo bought us all shots and the party really got started when they put the day song on. We left the first place and had another drunken taxi adventure to the next area. We went to a place called Pirates, which was fun because of the nickname a concierge in Barcelona gave us, the Drunken Pirates, though he meant it as an insult. As we left Anne and Becky went missing, so I spent my last night looking for them with Jeremy and Paul. After an hour or so of searching everywhere we went to warm up in a Burger King.
As soon as we sat down Jeremy fell asleep and Julz came and stole his drink. Then we heard that they had been found and went back to the hotel, so we went back. When we got there Katherine told us they weren't there so I went to get my shoes and ran into them stumbling in the front doors. I helped them to there rooms with Katherine and Jeremy and then more people started showing up at the hotel. I had decided to stay up all night so I wouldn't be tired and hung over at the airport so Owen, Hannah, Zoe and Emma helped me out and just chatted in my room. Due to the fact a few of them were on mushrooms it was weird topics, like the movie Little Foot, or elephants or ranga's, whatever they were able to think about for more than two minutes.
But eventually they all left, so I waited until 4 a.m. when the restaurant opened and went for and early breakfast. I saw Kara and Nathan there but ended up going back to pack. I managed to stay up, then Oo.S.A. woke up and we headed for the airport. I was pretty sad to be leaving the group, and kept remembering little funny things that happened or people said. I had the best time ever on that trip. It's something that you can't write down after, you would have to be there to get the real sense of it. I miss all the people I was traveling with on that trip and hope I see them again sometime.
The piggy-back adventure