Day 1 and 2 - Paris

Paris Travel Blog

Ferris Wheel
Day 1 started with a lovely drive from London to Paris. The drive through the French countryside was nice. Most of the time was spent getting to know the other people on the bus a little bit. Of 52 people on the tour, there was me and 2 other Canadians, 2 Kiwi's, 1 American and the other 46 were Australian. Our tour guide, Jason (Davo), was Australian and our driver Gusatvo (Miguel) was Portuguese. Although there were a few people suffering from hangovers already, most people had made a bunch of new friends by the end of the first bus ride.
We checked into our hotel, had a quick dinner and then headed out for a driving tour of Paris at night. Paris at night is beautiful.
Eiffel Tower
As we approached Place Charles De Gaulle, Jason taught us the key to surviving one of the worlds craziest roundabouts, you go in fast, come out faster and hope you don't hit anything. We managed to see most of the main sights that night, but cut the driving tour short so we could go up the Eiffel Tower. The tower was really cool to go up at night. After that we met up and went to catch the metro back to the hotel. Unfortunately myself and five others were left behind at the Invalides station, but thankfully the Paris metro is fairly simple and we made it back fine.

Day 2 was fun. We finished our driving tour right away and got dropped off right by Place Charles De Gaulle. Just as we were getting off the bus it started to snow a little, hardly any of the Australians had actually seen snow before, though this was just a flurry, they were pretty excited.
From the Eiffel Tower
I ended up sticking with My roommate for the trip Andrew, and a girl that I ended up being good friends with, Mikki. We went up the Arc de Triomphe, which was really cool having all the streets coming straight to you. After that we walked down the Champs Elysee and checked out some stores along the way and the Christmas Markets at the bottom. Then we made our way to the Louvre, and then back up the Champs Elysee.
That night was the first of many "big nights" on the tour. It started with a cabaret show at the famous Moulin Rouge. The show was good, nice dancing girls, interesting acrobatics and tricky juggling tricks all in one. After we went to a pub down the street and things got crazy. I don't think the staff expected a bunch of dressed up people to get that rowdy. But they were good and played right along, letting people behind the bar or dancing with us, whatever. By the end of the night everyone was getting used to everyone else just fine. Alcohol sometimes helps getting to know people.
Paris