What a fun day!

Brooklyn Travel Blog

So I haven't been to this parade since I was a kid and it was definitely too long not to go. I had a blast. We drove into Brooklyn and parked about 20 minutes away walking because of the immense amount of crowds that were going. We had no problem getting lost we sort of just followed the crowd. This year was different than any other year I've been. You used to be able to walk in the parade with the floats, this time the police had everyone constricted to the sidewalks. As if it wasnt hard enough to see the actual parade from there, we also had to walk with and against a crowd of boisterous West Indians lol

Nevertheless, I wore my Bajan pride flag and my mohawk and had a great time. My 2 friends and I went against the grain when police weren't looking and jumped into the parade anyway. We walked next to the floats and danced alongside the participants that were dressed up.

This was a great time and I can't wait to play the jouvert part next year!

SalsaQueeen says:
This event looks like a lot of fun !!! The Notting Hill Carnival used to be fun once upon a time but now too many people go (millions), there are hardly any floats and too many police on their horses.
Posted on: Aug 08, 2009