First of all, lunch!!!

Gretna Travel Blog

the Zen Cafe, small but tasty!!!
It was around noon, by the time the 3 of us were in our way to my hotel. As usual I'd stay in Harvey, close to the office. Blair, my boss, wanted me to work, hehe. At least this time I wasn't "castigada" (grounded) ;)

While we were driving, Blair told to us he was starving! Well, we got our coffee really early, so we were getting hungry too. What to eat now? Mmm, sushi! Yes! I love sushi and Blair is also a big fan of it. We always have sushi when he's in Lima and it's a must when I'm in New Orleans. Hehe, he spoils me, hehe.

Blair's favorite place is a small sushi place in Gretna, near to the office. It doesn't look fancy, but the food is delicious! I didn't take pics of us, because it would have been too much for Blair, although Osvaldo was getting used to that, since I was taking pics during the travel, hehe.
Yadi's roll - yeah!!!
Anyway, we arrived there before 1pm. We have already been there with Osvaldo, back in October. The place is small, but cozy. We sat at the bar and started to think what to order.

At same time we got another dish: Fried Salmon Roll, also called "No name". So good!!! We were getting full, but Blair asked the chef to surprise us with our last dish, mmm. He prepared a really good roll which looks fancy. It was tasty and Blair asked for the name of the dish. The chef looked at me, asked for my name and ta ta: "Yadi's roll was born!" ;)

After this delicious meal, we were ready to go, to unpack and take a nap, haha. Specially if we wanted to go out on Saturday night. I know, I know what a hard job I have :P

Well, Blair is the frequent customer, so he would ask for the food :) Instead of asking for individual dishes, he asked for dishes to share. The first one was the Pepper Tuna (which is thin slices of tuna crusted with Japanese pepper). This was a bit spicy and delicious!!! We haven't even finished it, when the 2nd dish came. It was a Sashimi Roll. I like the rolls, but am not a big fan of the rice, but this roll instead of rice had fish!!! and was stuffed with crabmeat. So tasty!!!

malvin_soh says:
Edo Sushi!!! Oishi!!!
yadilitta says:
yes, really yummy!!! next time when Blair is in Lima, we will go to the sushi place we both went ;)
malvin_soh says:
yummy!
Yadis roll - yeah!!!
Yadi's roll - yeah!!!
Pepper Tuna
Pepper Tuna
Sashimi roll
Sashimi roll
Fried Salmon Roll - too good!!!
Fried Salmon Roll - too good!!!
Gretna Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Fresh Sushi & great service in the Westbank - Cafe Zen
New Orleans is well known because of its great cuisine. But the Westbank doesn't necessarily have the best food too, although this small cafe is an ex… read entire review
Gretna