Back in Warsaw

Warsaw Travel Blog

I'm exhausted...  Some craziness at work (sometime I should write something about how frustrating trying to work with a Polish bank can be!) meant that I was on the phone most of the time that I was in the airport in Paris.  I think it was for the best though, because at one point I managed to find a place to sit (there were so many people it was "standing room only") and fell asleep.  If my phone hadn't rang I wonder if I would have managed to wake up for my flight!

All good things come to an end and this of course was no exception.  It was great to have some time with my family and a little sad to be returning to Warsaw, finding a taxi and coming to an empty house after being surrounded by loved ones.  It's not good to think about this, but I get a little sad thinking about the people who were there the last time I left and were no longer with us when I returned.  And so I wonder about my grandmother and other people I love.  I need to get back sooner this time.

In my first entry to this blog I mention "reverse culture shock" - well there are some things that are different, surprising, amusing even - that you notice when you live in different places for extended periods of time, but for the most part the similarities far outweigh the differences.

22,005 km (13,673 miles) traveled