On my way home, at last...

Warsaw Travel Blog

Warsaw Chopin Airport

Will this be an excursion into reverse culture shock?! What will surprise, amuse, astonish and awe me this time??  It's been about 25 years since I left California to live in various places and going home is always excellent.  Good things are in store!

I’ve been looking forward to a trip back home to Southern California for a long time.  It’s been way too long since I’ve seen my family, my nieces and nephew, who are growing up really fast, too long since I’ve just been with my own people in my own places.  At the same time that I look forward to the trip, I also dread the long haul from Paris to Los Angeles. It seems to me that by now they should have come up with a faster way to make the long trip!! J  Originally I was going to fly with Delta through to Ontario, but this ended up costing three times as much as Air France from Warsaw to Paris to LA.

Teatr Narodowy
  It was cheaper to just cancel the Delta tickets and buy a new one with Air France.

So, that’s where I am now, on the AF flight from Warsaw to Paris.  Fortunately the flight left a little ahead of schedule. I only have 50 minutes to make the connection in Paris and wouldn’t like to get stuck there!  A few extra minutes may be really helpful.  The AF service is good.  The attendants are nice. They even serve a meal and drinks.  I haven’t been on a flight where they do that for quite a while. The flight is pretty empty so there’s plenty of space to be comfortable.  As nearly always, my knees barely fit in the space in front of me.

boxinbcn says:
I tried Delta... Couldn't believe the difference in price! Air France was really good.
Posted on: Jan 05, 2009
sylviandavid says:
We like Air France too.... Very nice people and great food... We love the red wine with the dinners. How lucky there is room to spread out!
Posted on: Jan 02, 2009