The fun I had, to think it started as a nightmare!

Auckland Travel Blog

So....im writing this as i sit in Gills house nearly a month on! (Gill being the ozzy lady i met in Asia)

So i was leaving, did people want to celebrate with me because they were glad to see the back of me, or because i was doing something different and they would miss me....OR they just wanted a good drink and a night out!? Who knows. But I had several leavibng nights. I had planned one and the rest were just nights after that i hadnt planned on going out! People kept asking "are you not away yet?" It was probably like my leaving party back home, i seemed to have a few and people were getting sick fed up of seeing me! haha!

So, the night before my flight (where i planned on getting up for the 7am air bus to get me in time for my flight at 11am). I decided to say my ultimate goodbyes to the guys i worked with (plus i was hungry and wanted to get some food).

Holly me and Danielle
Danielle meets me at the bar, she had purposley came down to say goodbye to me, as i had text her telling her where i was. She arrived, just like me in casual clothes, not in any intention to hit the town and go on a night out. It was saturday night, we would never have got in anywhere with what we were wearing. I was in joggy bottoms and a vest top and Danielle was wearing jeans and a top - a lot more dressed up than i was, but we were both pretty casual! I dont know why it came about but we decided to drink our 8 pints of new zealand beer to get our free t shirt. I had it in my mind it would be a nice gesture to give to Gill when i arrived in Brisbane! I made sure Danielle would stay with me to get me up in the morning!

Morning came, and we were still in the town.

me and johnny - he was making me pull funny faces!
We were drunk to say the least. We had met a guy from Dundee who wanted to buy us shots and it was just getting messier by the minute! Holly arrived after her work (she worked in a different bar that closed earlier). I dont know when she arrived but all i know is i have lots of photos on my camera of her. Geoff the manager was also there encouraging us to drink. He is irish, and im pretty sure its true what they say about their drinking habits.

We walked outside and there was some woman seeling suasages on bread. It tasted so good, until i threw up on the side of the harbour! All i remember saying was "At least i wont have to worry about those calories in the morning" Little did I know it was 5.30am. Danielle and I decide we have to go home, with out t shirts that we drank 8 pints for!

"TINA, OH MY GOODNESS YOU HAVE TO GET A FLIGHT" Danielle shouts, springing up out of the bed and looking at her watch.

Geoff encouraging us to drink!

"what time is it?" I ask, panicing for my life!

"9 oclock!" She replies

Still intoxicated with alcohol, in the same joggy bottims and vest top i was wearing the night before, i leap up, grab my bag and run downstairs. By this time danielle had called a taxi and it was at the door in no time at all!

To be honest, i barely remember saying goodbye to Danielle. I was in such a panic and thought i would miss the flight! it took an hour to get to the airport. "GO GO GO, AIRPORT PLEASE, I AM GOING TO MISS MY FLIGHT" i say to the little indian taxi driver!

"I get you there miss, we get you there on time"

He is clearly doing over the speed limit when i shout "STTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPP! I NEED TO BE SICK"

I open the door of the car and throw up at the side of the road.

Laura and me
I get back in, "ok - go go go!" As if nothing had happened!

"Ohh you ok? You want tissue, you want my water?" The taxi driver asks. Also throwing me mints.

What a palava, why do things like this happen to me?

We eventually get to the airport. I was just going 10am, it must have taken him only 40 minutes to get there! He made me get a trolley for my bags as he say "you are sick, you cant carry these yourself" If only he knew what i had drank the night before!

He gives me a hug....yes i know...it was like a film, when does taxi drivers ever give you a hug? He wishes me goodluck for the flight and i dash off!

I got the flight. Phew! Although i was sitting in the wrong area until i hear the tanoy asking all passengers to board, where i had to run up to the gate i should have been sitting in!

The flight was a blur, i cant even remeber the flight safety speach, i was out for it, slept the whole way, until the air hostess shakes me to wake me up asking if i wanted any food.

Shane, Ryan and Laura

So anyway..........i land, i get out (with another difficulty due to claires stupid ugly coconut from figi, patrol people werent going to let me in with it, but i convinced them it was only a souvenier)....I meet Gilll....HURRAH!

The last few days in auckland, I realised how many people were becoming very close to me. They were friends, that I didn't want to lose contact with!

Laura - Who I met through work, we became very close and spoke about everything!!! It was hard for us to meet up though as the days she was working i was off and vice versa! But we tried to make the effort! She is a lovely girl and I intend on keeping in touch with her forever! Well i hope so!

Ryan - (laura's boyfriend), A friend of laura's was a friend of mines kinda thing.

Julia and Jarrod
He was a lovely guy and both of them were always welcoming and treating me to dinner at their house! He broke his leg, poor thing and couldnt get around much, but by the time i was leaving he had his cast off and had a moon boot on, things seemed to be looking up.

Billy and Holly - I worked with Billy and Holly was his girl friend. We all got on really well! They were only staying a month longer than i was, so if we were staying any longer, we would have grown closer, im sure of that!

Brendan - An irish guy who i worked with. We got on really well. He's been sponsered at the pub to stay there for another year or so! He was also another guy who we grew closer and closer.

Jarrod and Julia - A great couple! A couple where you can see in years to come they will be finishing each others sentences.

Sarah and Andrew playing drinking games at BBQ
Jarrod was a kiwi and knew most people as he had been there for years, Julia being his girlfriend was lovely and invited me to BBQ's etc and always invclved me! Shes a bit like me "the more the merrier" kinda thing! Andrew and Sarah (Andrew was who i was meant to be travelling with to begin with) came to Auckland and I took them to the BBQ and it was a good night where we played drinking games and then went to the pub i worked in.

Danielle and Brooke - A couple of kiwi girls that always came into the bar and knew everyone! They seemed a good laugh and I got closer to them. It was unfortunate that I left when i did as we were only really getting to know each other! They were definately in my legue, girls that enjoyed a good night out!

Shane -  another irish guy i worked with and the same went for him, we were getting closer and friendler just as i was leaving!

Rikki - the singer that was in the bar.

me and Andrew
A nice guy and always giving cuddles! Again, we were getting to know each other better just before i left.

There were so many other people that were becoming closer to me, but those were the main ones.

Maybe, i did rush into getting out of Auckland. I dont know and to be honest I dont really want to think like that. All the people I met in Auckland were great people. I can honestly say I met some great friends there and that i will keep in touch with them! Im back there for a couple of days at the end of January so i will do my best to see most of them.

Holly me and Danielle
me and johnny -  he was making me …
me and johnny - he was making me…
Julia and Jarrod
Sarah and Andrew playing drinking …
Sarah and Andrew playing drinking…
me, Brendan and ??
me, Brendan and ??
me and Shane (lookinh sad)
me and Shane (lookinh sad)
Me jarrod and Kathleen