2012: Alexander's First Christmas

Sierra Vista Travel Blog

Interestingly, Alexander is behaving like he knows about Christmas. The lights on the Christmas tree excite him. Last week when we took him to see Santa however, he cried his eyes out, but that is because Santa was a stranger ans we 'don't talk to strangers' (smile). I started preparing for today right after Thanksgiving. Instead of the usual Red, Green, Gold and White theme, I decided to go with Silver and Blue to honor Alexander. We shopped together since Desire was in school most of the day, and Mark at work literally all day. The tree we have had for many years now, so I did not have to go looking for one. Seeing as it is a synthetic tree, I made sure I bough pine scented candles to bring in the scents and spirit of Christmas.

The lights I have had for a few years too; I keep addiing to them. This year I bought the exterior lights in blue, they look awesome blinking in the dark all around the house. The big tree outside the house has been decorated with the typical Christmas colors, but inside I'm all blue and silver with the exception of the stockings. Each person in the family has stockings they can identify with; Mark has the puppy, Desire the cat, and Alexander got the moose. Mine remains plain, it is easire this way to make changes if I want to.

To be continued . . .

Africancrab says:
Helen, you are right, Desire has grown so much in the last few years, even I am amazed.
Africancrab says:
Thank you all for the comments, Alyssa, it is interesting to see how each year brings with it changes in our lives and for me, the changes in my daughter and now son. I'm glad to share and learn more about other traditions. In the US I'm overwhelmed by how commercialized this holiday is.
HelenP says:
what lovely family christmas photos. A cute little boy, and his lovely big sister. And interesting to see her grown up from the little girl on the featured blog picture.
Sierra Vista