Gibsonton Travel Blog

[Edit]

[View Map]
North Pole, USA
Dec 24, 2008  Dec 25, 2008
A once in a life time opportunity for an Around the World One Night Tour with the Legendary Santa Claus LLC Christmas Tours Limited of the North Pole.

There is alway stuff in the way
Tour with Food, Drink, 1 hour of Sleigh Piloting & 2 hours of Naughty & Nice TravBuddy list checking.
We have all taken a TOUR with very high expectations of where it would go, what we would see & how much fun it would be.  How many times has it turned into something much different than we had in mind when we signed up?  I thought the Around the World One Night Tour with the Legendary Santa Claus LLC Christmas Tours Limited of the North Pole would be a magic return to the childhood Christmas Experience.  Great Craftsman make Hard Work Look Easy!
Santa’s Sleigh is Magic there is no other explanation just accept it I have.
F-18 Hornet Specs
Maximum takeoff weight-56,000 lb.
Maximum speed-1,360 mph, Mach 1.8
Ceiling-50,000 ft.
Range-2,000 miles
Climb rate-45,000 ft. per minute
Landing
-200 feet or so with the aid of a hook and arresting wire.
Santa’s Sleigh Specs
Maximum takeoff weight-Unlimited
Maximum speed-Faster than the Speed of Light
Ceiling-None
Range-Unlimited
Climb rate-45,000 ft.
per second
Landing-12 foot of any Roof in the World Unaided

I had visions of sugar plums dancing in my head with great scenery to be seem all over the world.  At these speeds everything is a blur; you can’t tell what hemisphere you are over much less country.  Supersonic speeds tend to make the eyes water, mine still hurt.
Conversation just do not happen, I thought the whole trip would be like a walk with your favorite uncle, who explained things to you, told you stories of the way things were in the good old days. Wrong Wrong Wrong Santa is totally consumed with job at hand & has no time for idol chit chat.  He did ask me where a doll was on a roof in Finland that was the extent of our conversation.
In Flight Food-Cookies & Milk at almost every home all over the world, those tiny airline peanuts bags would have been a welcome addition, found no suggestion box.  I never saw Santa eat or drink anything he was too busy.
Sleigh Piloting-Not a good idea, after an unintended Hammerhead & a Knife Edge Spin I handed the reins back to a chuckling Santa.

I still Don't Rember how I got Through

Naughty & Nice TravBuddy list checking-Did not happen, eyes watering, death grip on sleigh seat, screams heard around the world.  I hope I did not wake you, I was told time after time to be quite but sometimes I could just not help myself.
Chimneys- I still don’t understand; got to do it one time but I don’t remember how I got through the wire mesh on the top or past the closed flue I think my hat fell off on the way down, all I could hear was laughing & snickering from the roof.
Reindeer-Another childhood vision dashed.

Frost Nip-I experienced the pins and needle sensation along with my skin turning very white and soft. No blistering occurred. This stage produced no permanent damage and was reversed by soaking in warm water, breathing warm breath on the affected area & Hot Toddies of Tea, Wild Turkey & Honey works every time!!

Thank You Santa for the ride of a life time!

I Dont Know how Many Times my Hat…
I Don't Know how Many Times my Ha…
Landing Area
I still Dont Rember how I got Thr…
I still Don't Rember how I got Th…
I know I am Bigger Around than that