Full day in Florence, and I saw David

Florence Travel Blog

Our day started at the Firenze Musei, home to Michelangelo's David. Next a tour of the Duomo, which is huge. From there, we walked the narrow streets, lead by our tour guide to Signoria Square. Unfortunately, we did not go to the Uffizi. Maybe on my next trip.

Continuing our journey, our tour director walked us along the Arno River to the Ponte Vecchio. He told us that we could buy gold jewelry there as well as in the general vicinity. He recommended a place called COI, which is actually about two blocks or so from the Ponte Vecchio.

Having some free time to wander around, I did purchase a pair of pearl earrings from COI. My aunt and I tried our first gelato as we strolled through the streets window shopping in the rain. We later met up with our tour guide at Signoria Square for more walking, touring and shopping.

We saw Dante Alighieri's home, his church and the house where Michelangelo was born. We made our way to a wonderful store called Peruzzi - known for their leather products. I was able to purchase a wallet and a pair of leather gloves. Peruzzi is popular with tourists and well worth the visit. Afterwards, we went to Basilica of Santa Croce - the burial place of Michelangelo, Galileo and Machiavelli.

Our day in Florence ended with a wonderful dinner at a local restaurant.
photo by: monky