The Beautiful Isle of Capri

Isle of Capri Travel Blog

Woke up to a rainy day as I looked out the window of my hotel room. After breakfast, we were taken to the pier where we met our tour guide for the day and boarded the high speed ferry. Due to the weather, the ride across the bay was a little rough. However, about 50 minutes later we arrived on the Isle of Capri.

Upon arrival, we were taken to a cafe for a snack and to freshen up. Once we were all settled, we hopped on a small bus that would take us up to Anacapri. The roads on Capri are very narrow and winding. Space is limited on the island - some folks have to park their cars on their rooftops. That was pretty interesting to see. Unfortunately, we were unable to go to the Blue Grotto because of the choppy water.

The views from the top of Anacapri are fantastic. After part one of the tour, we were able to do a little shopping. Then, we boarded the bus again and travelled down the mountain to a restaurant for lunch. Another descent took us to an area where we walked the narrow streets, saw beautiful villas, shops and more spectacular views.

The next trip down the mountain was on a fernicular. Yes, you know the song, "Funiculí, Funiculá!" That was pretty cool! Once again, given time for a little shopping, we boarded the ferry back to Naples.

Later that evening, the group had a pizza dinner at a local restaurant within walking distance of the hotel. Earlier in the tour, I had mentioned to a few people that I was a classical singer. So, towards the end of dinner, I serenaded my tour group with the aria, "O mio babbino caro", from the Puccini opera Gianni Schicchi. I received a standing ovation.
free08 says:
Shoot, I wish I were there to listen, I luv that song! What a treat it must have been for the people in ur group!
Posted on: Feb 17, 2009