Sightseeing in Cordoba

Cordoba Travel Blog

25 December 2008

A bit of a walk around Puerto Iguazu town and I failed to find the church, so I headed back to bed for a couple more hours before our bus departure.

The bus to Cordoba was 22 hours long, so our entire Christmas day was spent watching the Argentinean countryside pass us by. I hadn’t wanted Christmas to turn out like that, but we had lost track of the days.

26 December 2008

We arrived in Cordoba around 8:30am. We spent the day walking around the city. Cordoba is a university city. It is also known for its devoted Catholic population and plethora of churches. As we walked around we ventured in and around some cool churches. We ate two lunches consisting of empaneadas and fast food sandwhiches. At about 11pm, we boarded a bus to Mendoza.

---------

i´m getting very good at speaking spanish. i can have full conversations with people now. i spent an entire day with 2 new Colombian friends and they enhanced my speaking skills. it´s a fun challenge getting around speaking Spanish and sometimes now I automatically think in Spanish instead of in English. I wish i had a knack for learning other languages, but I think I´ll just stick with these two. although the portuguese in brazil was similiar enough to spanish that i could figure it out.

Cordoba