Walt Disney World Travel Blog

Magic Kindom

I arrived at the Magic Kingdom around 10:00am. The park hours are 9:00am to 11:00pm.  I love to visit the parks at this time of year. All decorted for the holidays.  My niece and me where to go today but she is sick. I really wanted to see Diney for the holidays so I went by myself. The rest of the family was working or had plans for the day.

After parking in Daisy and riding the tram in, my first stop was to take some pictures of Main Street USA and Cinderella's Castle. That I did and headed over to Space Mountain.  It was less than a thirty minute wait in line for the ride.  I still enjoy riding it. It's a great ride. At this time of the year the Magic Kingdom is always very crowded.

I then headed back to the entrance of the Magic Kingdom and caught a Disney Transport Bus over to Disney Hollywood Studios.

Main Street USA
It was a twenty minute ride and it gave me time to cool off and rest. Being the middle of December it was in the low eighties today. ehhh!!  My first stop in Hollywood was to get a fast pass for the Tower of Terror. The fast pass is good between 4:45 - 5:45 pm. Mission acomplished and I then headed over to Aerosmith Rock 'N' Rollercoaster. It was an hour and half wait in line...NOT!!! Since I had already got a fast pass for Tower of Terror I had to wait another hour before getting another one. I headed over to Star Tours. It was a thirty minute wait so I jumped in line. This is a fun ride. You get inside your spaceship and your crazy robot driver gives you a fun ride thru the galaxy.

I stopped by the Brown Derby for lunch.  I had grouper with steamed vegtables and fresh rolls and butter.

The Osborne Family Specticle of Dancing Lights
It was fantastic!! I was hungry too!!

After lunch I headed back to Rock 'N' Rollercoaster to get my fast pass. It was the same time as the Tower of Terror.  Great!! I then headed to the Great Movie Ride. It features Gangsters, Indiana Jones, John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Casablanca, Tarzan, The Wizard of Oz, and a few others. It's another nice ride. By this time it was time to ride the Tower of Terror. Welcome to the Twilight Zone!! Then the Rock 'N' Rollercoaster......It's a power launch coaster. 0-60 mph in like three seconds. The coaster is housed inside and it's dark with glow in the dark street signs. The coaster looks like s super strecth limo...cool!! As you ride the coaster they play Aerosmith..it's a great ride!!

Next I headed over to see the Muppets 3-D.

The Osbourne Family Lights
It's a great show with bubbles, water squirted at you. It's a lot of fun and the line was not to long.

The main reason I stayed in the park until dark was for the Osbourne Family Dancing Lights. Over one million lights were used and it is amazing to see. They play Christmas music and the lights dance to the music. This all happens in the streets of the New York City back lot.

Whew...i'm getting a little tired so I decided to stop and get a bag of chips and a diet soda. I took a little break and headed back to the entrance of Hollywood Studios and took Disney Transport back over to the Magic Kingdom to see the Spectromagic Parade and the fireworks at Cinderella;s castle. The Spectromagic parade is amazing and great fun to watch. You need to get a seat along Main Street about an hour to hour and a half before the parade starts if you want a great seat.

Cinderella's Castle
And the fireworks, anywhere along Main Street is good. The fireworks are the best and I do mean the best!! Have your video cameras ready.

After the parade and fireworks were over the crowds headed out of the park. I headed back over to Space Mountain for another ride. It was less than twenty minutes in line. After  the ride I was tired and ready to go. A large majority of people had already left and it was easy to get onto the monorail back over to the ticket and transportation. That's were you catch your tram back to your car in the parking lot.

One last thing, as I was sitting watching the parade a cold front came thru dropping the tempature. There was a few rain drops and the wind picked up and it got quite cool. Crazy Florida weather.

The crowds pushed my sense of humor.  I still had a great day!!

mfmcp1982 says:
Sounds like a great way to spend a day and if you're there on your own you can do exactly what you want which is always good! It must be weird it being so christmassy and people are still in shorts and t-shirts though!
Great blog!
Posted on: Dec 28, 2008
gejah says:
even if you are an adult it is very nice to visit. To feel like a child again! Wonderfull!
Posted on: Dec 22, 2008
Main Street USA
The Osborne Family Specticle of D…
Cinderellas Castle
Cinderella's Castle
Disney Hollywood Studios
Disney Hollywood Studios
Magic Kingdom
Magic Kingdom
Main Street USA
Aerosimths Rock N Roller Coaste…
Aerosimth's Rock 'N' Roller Coast…