Arrived in Helsinki!

Helsinki Travel Blog

Helsinki Railway station

After a 2-hour-flight we arrived at Helsinki Vantaa Airport in the afternoon. Unfortunately my luggage was left behind in Amsterdam. The people at the airport told me the bag would probably arrive in the evening, so I did not worry too much. After filling in some paperwork concerning the lost bag we went to look for a bus to our hotel.

The hotel we stayed was Sokos Hotel Vantaa, right next to the railway station Tikkurila. The hotel was great! We had a nice room with our own bathroom and tv. After dropping only Lieke's bag ;) we went to the railway station to catch a train to Helsinki. We did not have to wait long and hopped in the train. After about fifteen/twenty minutes we arrived at Helsinki railway station and started to explore the city.

My first impression of Helsinki was: beautiful, but small and quiet! We visited the cathedral and of course some book shops :) And walked around a while.

In the evening we had dinner at a Thai restaurant near the hotel in Vantaa.
And later that evening when we were reading books and playing on our Nintendo DS's we got a message on our television screen that my bag arrived :)

Lieke and the reindeer :D
Lieke and the reindeer :D
Lieke and me :)
Lieke and me :)
My bag arrived a bit later ;)
My bag arrived a bit later ;)
Helsinki Hostels review
Great place to stay when visiting Helsinki!
We stayed three nights in this Hotel. We booked it last-minute and did get a great price. The hotel has lots of facilities: sauna, gym, bar, restauran… read entire review
Helsinki