"The Spiritual Side of Life Lies in the Sun, Sand & Sea

Maldives Travel Blog

The sunset jetty

The spiritual side of life lies in the sun, sand and sea in the Maldivian islands. When I worked as a travel consultant, one of my favorite destinations to sell to honeymoon couples was the Maldives and Seychelles. When I visited the island of Maldives in 1999, the largest promotion of the Maldives was being run with a huge sign that read ‘MALVIES . . . The sunny side of Life’. This slogan has been Maldives tourism selling slogan for as long as I have known the island as a destination of choice.

I cannot agree more with the saying, the white sands, the sun and the sound of the sea each morning and night is as tranquil as it gets to make life rosy, LOL! The dazzling blue waters has an almost spiritual side to it, I remember many couples did yoga right on the beach, there were many people meditating right on the beach one could see their silhouettes from the shadows at noon time.

The Beach villa at Kuredu Island Resort
The tropical climate provides the best relaxation with fresh fruits being served with each meal

For many destinations, I have required an entry visa because of my passport, Maldives was the only place I did not require a prior visa processed before arrival, I got one stamped into my passport at the airport upon arrival. I stayed at the Kuredu Island Resort which is great for all audiences. Its located a little out of the capital to the north of the Male Atoll in the Lhaviyari Atoll, the resort is far from the city center and is on the higher side as far as cost is concerned, you will however get what you paid for and more. The Beach villas run for more than a mile and offers private patios that open to the sea.

I was on an all-inclusive package took time to enjoy spa time and watch the water sports lovers spoil the waters.

If you are a seafood lover, this is certainly the place to be, this area is well known for its great fish life. Most of the people who were at this place loved marine life and nowhere else in the Maldives is aquamarine so popular and easy to see. I love wine and I must say, I did have a ball going through the wine list at the resort, nothing like I had seen anywhere else.

I went on an excursion during which we made several stops at different hotels along the water line, I loved the sunset jetty from where the water seemed to call on me, funny to think I’m afraid of large expanses of water but I could have jumped right into the depth of the sea here in Maldives. The Banyan tree is a great place that I highly recommend if anyone plans a trip to the Maldives.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain.

Africancrab says:
Yanti, I'm sorry for not getting back to you. You definitely want to go to the Maldives, you will love every minute of it.
Posted on: May 27, 2013
YantiSoeparno says:
Hi Harriet, Maldives is one of my dream destinations. Even before I became a TBer ;D
Posted on: Dec 20, 2008
The sunset jetty
The Beach villa at Kuredu Island R…
The Beach villa at Kuredu Island …
Does this not look tranquil?
Does this not look tranquil?