Plaka

Plaka Travel Blog

After wandering the Parthenon and Acropolis, we walked down what seemed like the most stairs of my life (although Fira in Santorini was probably 3x what these were) and then we were off to the Plaka for a traditional Greek lunch and a bit of free time to shop.  One thing I learned quickly is that restaurants are small and don't expect any room to move around once you are seated in a large group.  Figures I needed to use the bathroom and I was the furthest against the wall, about 10 people in.

The food was good, the red wine even better, and now they cut us loose for 1/2 hour or so to shop.  We walked the street and looked in a jewelry store window when a girl approached us from the store to ask if we were interested in anything.  As soon as the word "hello" came out, I almost fell over.  She had a major Texan accent - turns out she was an American who married a Greek guy and was living there, working in his family's store.  We chatted quite a bit and she talked about the great travel opportunities there and how she doubted she would ever move back to the US, especially Texas. LOL.

After a bit more window shopping, it was time to meet up and head out on the bus to see the rest of Athens

Plaka