Olympic Stadium, Archaeological Museum

Athens Travel Blog

Our tour indicated that we would be driving by the Olympic Stadium but we were not really supposed to stop as we didn't have time allotted for that but because we were all on time leaving the Plaka, they pulled over for a couple minutes so we could run out and take pictures.  It was amazing to be there and see the Olympic rings.

We hurried back to the bus and next it was off to the Archeological museum.  I could've stayed in there for days but we didn't have a lot of time so I pretty much left the tour group and ran around seeing as much as I could before our meet up time.  I figured I would rather see as much of the museum as possible, rather than focus on one or two exhibit rooms only.

The guide had talked previously about the horrendous traffic they had in Athens and he was not kidding! It took almost an hour to basically get around one block and back to the same place we just were, going the other direction.  I managed to take a few photos of interesting buildings as we drove on the bus but figures I managed to be on the wrong side as we passed Hadrian's Arch.  Uuuuugh!

photo by: Johnpro