Manchester

Manchester Travel Blog

Kid Britain
Bank holidays in the UK are normally dismal days, monsoon rains lashing a few brave souls huddling under their brollies, defiantly eating ice cream.  In fact, I refer you to my trip to Weston last year.  It hailed, and I went to Weston and definantly ate ice cream.

But this bank holiday was amazing.  the sun beat out of a clear sky, there was an outdoor festival in Piccadilly Gardens... genuinely astonishing.

Hungry Pigeon's free outdoors part was brillaint. The band in the photos are called Kid British and they are a Manchester band who do - well, it's somewhere between ska and rap, it's very funny, and it covers such essential social issues as how fat you get when you really fancy the girl who works in the McDonald's Drive Through in Salford and how hard it is to get directions when you get lost in London.  You should all go and listen to them now. The paid for bits in the evening weren't quite as good, and we missed Sunday because we didn't believe that it would end at ten and it did.

On Sunday, I had lunch with some friends and Iain watched some football in a pub called the seven oaks, on the edge of China Town.  I caught him up later - it is well worth going.  It's rare to find a pub that looks so like a traditional pub - I'm used to the yuppy wine bars in London and Edinburgh.  But this place is a proper pub with interesting real ale and worth a look.
Look!  The sky is blue!