Back in Phnom Penh, but leaving for Ho Chi Minh...

Phnom Penh Travel Blog

It was another 6 hrs on the bus from Kratie to Phnom Penh. My next destination was actually Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam, but the only way to get there was to go back to Phnom Penh. It was about 3pm when I arrived in Phnom Penh, there was a bad traffic jam on the way back, an hour more than the expected arrival time. I only had less that 4 hours before it would get dark again. I decided not to wander off too far and just stay around the area near my guesthouse for fear of losing my way again. I was famished when I arrived as I only had a light breakfast at 7.30 am in the morning. My lunch was pizza and a mango smoothie. Big mistake. I had been warned by everyone about being careful with drinking water and ice because my body system has been too accustomed to better and cleaner water back in my country.
But I don't think the mango smoothie was the cause of all the problems I had for the rest of my trip. The rest of the day was just wandering around the neighborhood, buying my bus ticket to Ho Chi Minh for the next day (another 6 hrs of traveling tomorrow).

The evening view of the grand palace and sliver pagoda was actually very beautiful. I wonder how I could have missed it on my first day there. It was good that I didn't miss it this time round and was able to take some photos before I left the place. A picture says a thousand word. The photos will explain everything.

I turned in early for the day. Tired from all the traveling. I was looking forward to Ho Chi Minh. Its natural to be excited considering that it was my first visit to Vietnam...

Phnom Penh