The North Sea!

Scheveningen Travel Blog

Whoo Hoo! A new body of water for me!  I had never been to the North Sea and Brett braved a ton of traffic to take me to Scheveningen and the boardwalk.  But good grief was it FREEZING!  We walked down on the beach, along the water for a bit.   The sun was setting and I managed to get a couple decent shots before the wind really picked up.  Of course, being on the sand, I had to reach in and feel the water but oh my, yeah......very cold!

Afterwards, we wandered along the boardwalk for somewhere to get a snack and something to drink.  We walked all the restaurants and came back settling on one of the first places but they were out of the Dutch version of split pea soup.  :-(  We had a beer there and headed a couple doors down to another place which was absolutely beautiful.  We sat inside, looking out to the water, and what a beautiful view.  I can imagine during the summer this area is probably packed with locals and tourists alike.

Next, it was time to head to the Hague for dinner....little did I know of the adventure that awaited us that night! LOL

Scheveningen