Layover & SNOW in Houston!

Houston Travel Blog

After departing almost 30 minutes late from Sacramento, here I am landing only 5 minutes before my flight is supposed to be boarding!  Great!  I am probably barely going to make it and what about my luggage?!?!?  I run off the plane, confirming the gate with the agent, and off I go.  I am glad I stopped to double check the monitors to find out the flight was delayed!  GREAT! Mixed feelings on that...glad I didn't have to run from C terminal to E terminal now but of course, delays meant longer til I was to arrive in the Netherlands!  A mixture of anxiety and excitement were building up!

Well, turns out my flight was delayed from all the snow that had been falling in Houston over the past 24 hours.  I have friends in Houston who I had talked briefly to online the night before who indicated it was quite a mess. I heard some of the crew talking that it took over 10 hours the night before to get from Houston to Sacramento because of the weather.  About 20 minutes to deice each plane and that particular one was like 15 in line! OMG..glad I was not on that - 5 hours on the runway!

I settled in for a bit, sent some emails, and starting chatting on the phone when all of a sudden they were getting ready to call us to start boarding.  Although we were departing an hour late, we were scheduled to arrive almost 40 minutes early!  WHAT!??! I emailed Brett to let him know and packed up my things and I was off!  Very excited about having the whole row to myself on the flight...YAHHOO!!!!!!!!!

Only 10 hours til I land in Amsterdam! :D