Pureora Forest

Purearo Travel Blog

Now a short note, I hope ...

I I went Waitomo Caves to Pureora there on the advice of the local tourist office. Well it was beautiful.

A large forest with thousands years history and many birds.
Having a cabin from the DOC (state forest), It where deserted cabins, there was really nobody in the area. Till an hour or 7pm, there were 2 men who would go birdwatching the next morning. That evening I just went to see a few nice spots and saw and heard many birds. But the famous Kaka (parrot who makes weird sounds) was only in view on 100de meters distance and it was to hard see when it was in a tree.

However, there was a very cute little owl who looked at me, and I made a beautiful picture!
The next morning I went up the mountain (after I had left a message to the DOC for security). Its difficult to penetrate rainforest, but oh so beautiful and unfortunately oh so wet. Later it was briefly still raining just before I was on top. But after a shore rest for shelter, I still came at the top. I am so all alone in kilometers distant perimeter. When I got back to my car it started to rain hard (just in time). And it continued raining until the next morning.
And it is so lonely in a cabin in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do and nobody around.
Now I am driving up to Wellington (6 hour drive) because I have the ferry tomorrow.

Oh yes, and it works for me some pictures to upload!
Resources Reviews