Almost there.

Breda Travel Blog

Almost time to go to New Zealand!

just 24 hours to go before my flight, but then it will take almost 2 days before I get there.

I made some plans, but most will be changed during the trip I asume.
Some high-lights I hope I will be able to do is:

• Bay of Islands, tropical beach, amazing view, some snorkeling, and nice forest tracks.
  • Black water river, an 100 meter drop into the earth where I will land in a beautiful underground river where I will float in my wet-suite all way out of the cave.
  • Queen Charlot track, 2 or 5 day track trough the nice Marbourough Sounds
  • Abel Tasman NP, this should be the best National Park in the world, I might go tracking here or maybe just some shore hike.
  • Fox-Glacier, maybe this time I do get a chance to go on this glacier and at least I will be able to see what 6 years of global warming has done to this glacier since I last was here.
  • Routeburn track, wanted to do this in 2002 but is was booked full, now I will try again.
  • Te-Anua, Hopefully I will be able to do the Milford 5-day track or the 4 day Kepler track,
  • Queenstown, If I can't do any of the fjordland tracks I might re-try the Caples track near Queenstown which we had to abort in 2002 due to an injury.
  • Mount Cook, the biggest mountain in New Zealand, but never came any closer then the air-balloon trip. Maybe this time I will.
  • And surely some nice animals like the Kiwi, the Penguins and the Wales, the Orca's and the thousand Seals.
For now I am collecting my stuff I want to pack. But my backpack easily comes to the 20kg limit with extra stuff like a cooking stove, a cooking gear and a tiny tent, but huge compared to the free space in my backpack.

The first night I won't need to set up my tent I got a nice dorm room
in the Kiwi hotel at Queenstreet, for just 23$NZ a night (around €10,-).
Breda