The Smell of... Chinatown!

Bangkok Travel Blog

Nathan and I handling a snake at the Red Cross snake farm.
Nok arrived at 9am and we went to Chinatown. First thing I noticed were the many street food stalls.. they put me off the food that was for sure! Apart from the bags of soda in ice - they were so good! You must get one, they sell them everywhere and are so refreshing. Chinatown is so hectic and busy, we wee having to run across the road between screaming traffic it was madness (but of course fun!)

We saw Wat Tremit, with the Buddha made of solid gold, even saw a monk getting changed which Nok and I laughed about (he could have at least pulled the door open!) Chinatown stinks, is busy as hell, noisey and exciting all at the same time - although once was enoug for us. If you put all that with the fact it was about 32-34C and the humidy was so high it made for unpleasant walking.
Wat Tremin in Chinatown.
We got so tired so quickly.

We had lunch at Subway before going to the Red Cross Snake Farm. We had a great tour guide who liked a joke and made the tour that much more fun. The snakes were awesome and information they gave was really interesting - best thing - unlike anywhere else they don't charge to have photos taken so we took this rare opportunity! We paid $20NZD in Australia to get ours taken with a tiny snake that someone else held which seems pretty pathetic now we must admit!

We then went to the Marble Temple which proved to be my personal favourite. It was just beautiful :) A must see! We said goodbye to Nok after this and gave her a nice tip for all her help and a Kiwi keyring for good measure ;)

Back at the hotel, we washed our clothes in the bathtub (laundry service was horrendous!!) so that was interesting!! We then used the subway and skytrain all by ourselves (we were rather proud) - it's so simple you just need someone - in our case Nok - to show you and it's so easy to get around (and cheap).
Nathan and I handling a snake at t…
Nathan and I handling a snake at …
Wat Tremin in Chinatown.
The beautiful Marble Temple.
The beautiful Marble Temple.
Bangkok