Weekend in Brisbane

Brisbane Travel Blog

I had a pretty uneventful weekend here in town. I did the market, I did some shopping. My major accomplishment for Sunday was to get some laundry done. The hotel only has two washers and dryers for the whole place so this is actually an accomplishment. I had to do the washing at 930a on Sunday in order to find an available machine. The majority of the kids were away for the weekend, so it was pretty quiet here. I am looking into doing a trip to Sydney next weekend so I can get away and see the country's biggest city.

The only excitement was a trip to the hospital last night. One of the kids called and told me that another one thought he had strep throat. So, we went to reception to try and find a 24-hour clinic. We got the address of one, went there, and it wasnt open 24 hours. So we ran into a policeman and he said we needed to go to RBH (Royal Brisbane Hospital). Went back to the hotel, got a cab, went to RBH. Got to RBH and we were told that it could be a 4-6hr wait (its a public hospital, so its free). They recommended we go to St. Andrews (not public, not free) for faster service. So we got another cab and went over to St. Andrews. After A$175 ($140), he went in and found out he had tonsillitis. However, not too serious. Got some prescriptions and we were sent on our way. Of course, there are no 24-hour chemists in town, so we are going in the morning to get them filled.

This week should be busy. Maritime museum Monday, Lamington National Park on Tuesday.
photo by: Mezmerized