Walking around Brisbane

Brisbane Travel Blog

I decided this afternoon that I needed to get out and see some Brisbane. So I went for a walk. This city is very good for walking. I walked down to the Botanic Gardens and had a look-around. Then I crossed the river on the pedestrian bridge and walked along the South Bank. I saw the city beach, the Peace Pagoda and just had a lovely walk, all within view of the skyline. I then went up the Queen St Mall (big shopping area) and went in to Myer (their version of a Bloomingdales). 6 floors! The Myer Center (an actual mall) is probably about the same size as Perimeter Mall. I went downstairs to the grocery store and grabbed some supplies to get me through the next couple of days. I found a 2-litre bottle of coke for only A$3.50! That is almost the price that one normally pays for a regular coke around here. A$3.50=US$2.75 for those who need the conversion. Of course, I didn't take the camera, so I will go back and take pictures another time.
brett72 says:
I am enjoying the adventures. I leave for NYC and Vermont tomorrow, both of which are in the midst of a nor'easter -- should be an adventure, my flight has already been cancelled, but I have found another one. Sorry about the kids, it is a different experience than the europe trips -- much more party focused.

Enjoy the rest of the trip. Go into koala mode when you need to.

Posted on: Mar 15, 2007