Arrival in Coffs Harbour

Coffs Harbour Travel Blog

Coffs Harbour is amazing. I cannot give the place justice with my words. It is so pretty. We are near the beach and harbor. I walked along the harbor with Dr and Mrs Giebelhaus and we had lunch at the Yacht Club. I had fish and chips.

The kids have been interesting to say the least. They are quite familiar with alcohol. I was called three times overnight to go and quiet them down. I am shocked by their behavior. I knew they would be partying, but their attitude has been shocking to me. I guess I was spoiled on my trip last year to Europe. We only had two obnoxious people on a trip of 25. Here, out of the 36, there are prob 20 or so that need a good lesson in manners.

That aside, this place is so pretty. I didnt know that the Ozone layer here was so thin though. 10 minutes of exposure and you are burned. The lowest SPF available here is SPF30. Needless to say, I was burned. Lesson learned, I suppose.
Eric says:
Ouch about the sunscreen! And too bad about the drinking situation too...I understand social drinking, but never understood why people would go abroad just to do the same things they could do at home (i.e. get drunk)...
Posted on: Mar 12, 2007