Peaceful Morning

Annapolis Travel Blog

door and window

I parked in my usual parking garage and headed down towards the harbor area in search of breakfast.  I briefly considered Chick and Ruth's but since I have eaten there before I continued down the street.  I wandered past a busy coffeeshop and then the brand Starbucks before reaching a crepe shop.  I strolled inside and ordered an apple crepe which was handed over to me just a few minutes later.  I settled at one of the outdoor tables to eat and start grading some papers.

I got about halfway through one class by the time I was done with my breakfast.  I packed up and walked along the harbor itself for a bit before heading inland.  I love looking at the older buildings in the state capital and soon I switched my camera on to take photos of the historic-style doors.  I liked having a focus for my photography.

I came across St. John's campus.  I couldn't remember ever actually walking onto the college grounds so I headed in and discovered that it was Homecoming weekend.  Celebrations were still quiet this early in the morning, and I found another table to continue grading for about twenty minutes.  It was a nice spot, overlooking some playing fields and a river.

As the time to meet my old roommate approached, I made my way back into the streets of Annapolis.  I briefly admired the Governor's Mansion and took a few more photos to wrap up my calm walk.

breakfast
near a legislative building
near a legislative building
Annapolis Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Little Eatery
Friendly clerks, efficient service. Menu had sweet crepes like my apple one as well as more substantial ones like sausage and egg. You could also … read entire review
Annapolis