Gingerbread Houses Again!

Upper Marlboro Travel Blog

child's entry: Crabby Christmas
This year's contest was free to observers since they only received nine entries, four children and five adult.  Therefore, my visit here was fairly short.
All the entries were in one room, the child's entries on a table to the right and the adult entries on a table straight ahead.  The first child's entry focused on a bunch of little gingerbread people just playing.  Next to it, the winning entry was a large tea house with large windows to see the table inside.  The third entry fit in with Maryland well with its blue crabs.  I voted for this entry as my favorite child's choice.  The last entry created a visit to the movies, complete with little Coca Cola cups.
The first adult entry reminded me of childhood with its very authentic recreation of the Candy Cane Land game board.
  I loved each of the different places along the colorful path (which were labeled to help me remember specifically what they were! Chocolate Swamp, Gumdrop Pass, etc).  Next up was a lunar holiday with various aliens enjoying some relaxation time.  I thought the alien puppy with its little bone was cute.  A visit to Bethelem and the Holy Family formed the theme for the third entry.  It was precious with its delicate details such as a tiny candle in a window, folded blankets in a basket, and a pair of doves nestled in a corner.  The fourth entry had a natural setting filled with animals.  Finally visitors looked at a gingerbread house retelling the story of Hansel and Gretal.  I had a harder time choosing my favorite adult entry but finally chose the Candy Cane Land one.
WonderDog says:
Lick lips! Scooter like them all!
Posted on: Dec 12, 2009