Lima

Lima Travel Blog

We arrived around 11pm to the airport and after waiting for the luggage and getting the transportation we were going to the hotel around midnight. The first impression is that Lima has a lot of night life, at that hour I could see a lot of restaurants, casinos and bars open and full of cars in the parking areas. The next day we were ready to check out the city. Unfortunately our visit coincided with the APEC meeting, therefore we could not go to the center of Lima because the streets were closed, therefore I missed the Cathedral, the Presidential Palace and all the colonial structures around the area. Instead we went to the Larcomar shopping center, had a great lunch there, visit the Franciscan convent, and the archeology museum. Next to the Franciscan convent we could see the Presidential Honor guard with their horses waiting for a presentation to the Chinese President who also arrived the day before.  We also went by some of the beautiful parks that are overlooking the Pacific Sea.  One of them is inspired by Gaudi, the architect from Barceloana.

To finish the day we went to the restaurant La Rosa Nautica. All the food I ate was excellent, I had a lot of ceviche, anticuchos,  corn and beer, in the restaurant Vista al Mar in the shopping center.  More ceviche, rice with seafood, Pisco sour and a Peruvian wine in la Rosa Nautica.  I can say, it was a great gastronomic experience my visit to Lima.  I am ready to go back :)

Black Ceviche