Flying to Lima

Miami Travel Blog

Bahamas
 In route to Miami, my wife took some nice pictures of the Bahamas, and in the flight leaving Miami I took some pictures of Cuba. We only had three hours in Miami before the flight to Lima, therefore the only thing we did was eat in La Carreta, a very nice cuban restaurant. Every time I go to Miami, I try to eat there because it is one of the best cuban restaurants, and has been there for more than thirty years.  Now you can find them in several places, and the airport is one of them.

When we boarded the airplane, the captain mentioned that we were going to travel close to Cuba, then go to Panama, at that point turn south and travel up the coast of Colombia and Ecuador until arriving to the airport in Callao. I realized then that it was the same route the ship was going to take, but in opposite direction. In a plane it will take five hours, in the ship it will take twelve days. In one you arrive relatively fast, with the other you see more places and eat and eat.

Sweetski says:
I went to an all-inclusive resort on the Dominican Republic once...., gained seven kilos! So I hear you :D
Posted on: Jan 14, 2009
eglp says:
You give to temptation, once you see the desserts there is no way you are not going to try some :)
Posted on: Jan 13, 2009
Sweetski says:
That 'eat and eat' is something you do yourself. You don't have to stuff your face, you know LOL :D Taking life slow and easy does sound great though :)
Posted on: Jan 12, 2009