Day 8 – Time to end a very special holiday

Sevilla Travel Blog

As today was the last day of our trip and we had heaps of time to get to the airport, we decided to enjoy the last of the sun as best we could. We took our time to get outside though, packing, reading a bit more and just getting the most out of our room at the hostel.

We left around noon, after leaving our luggage in the luggage room (and thanks to a very good friend we were able to ask if this was possible in Spanish J). We walked into town and found a nice place called Café  de Indias to sit and drink coffee and tea. We couldn’t resist the cakes either, they just looked too good… We just sat there reading for a while until we were sitting in the shade, then we moved on somewhere else. The next place we ended up at was called Viena Sevilla, and this was the worst place we had come across during our stay in Seville. And what made it so bad? The service! It was the only time that we really felt like we were being served by someone who generally doesn’t like people. The white wine Barbara ordered was pretty bad, and the food (apart from the croquettes Jamon) was nothing to write home about either. So apart from the sitting outside in the sun part of our visit it was a bit disappointing to finish the day like this. Fortunately, better things were awaiting us back at the hostel when we picked up our luggage. The receptionist who was on duty was a guy we had spoken to a couple of times before and who was always helpful with advice. I had told him about TB and he was interested in hearing and seeing more, so I showed him the website and the blog and pictures I had done so far. He really liked it and I hope I persuaded him to sign up. He also offered us the use of the internet and coffee or tea and even sat down for a drink and a chat. Unexpected moments like that are what I like about traveling and it was a great end to our stay!

It was then time to say goodbye to Seville. We walked to the bus stop and got the bus back to the airport. We had plenty of time there but most of that was spent waiting in line. The main excitement for the evening was a fight breaking out between some Dutch guys and the check-in staff. I have no idea of what was happening exactly, but I felt ashamed to be Dutch when the guys started yelling profanities at the girl who was basically just doing her job. Funny how someone had just that afternoon told us that the Dutch are always so friendly, I guess there are exceptions…

Sevilla Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Pleasant cafe located across the street from the cathedral
this cafe is very well located as it is almost across the street from the cathedral on one of the main streets of Seville. And added bonus is that the… read entire review
Sevilla Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Seemingly pleasant cafe with the worst service imaginable
This cafe is located at one of the side entrances to the Seville University and therefore seems quite popular with (foreign) students. While we were t… read entire review
Sevilla