The Grampians

Grampians Travel Blog

Well, i must say. needed to be travelling again. Took the train to Ballarat and from there on i took the coach to Horsham. Waited for 30 min in Horsham before Steve (owner of the lodge i was staying) picked me up. He had to run some errands so he didn't mind picking me up. Was at the Asses Ear's lodge at about 16:30

Damn, did they have a lot of wildlife over there. The roo's jumping around before your doorstep, birds flying around. Being laughed at by kookaburra's, and much more. Made the most of it and tried to get it all on camera. Nearly succeded but the elusive blue bird was very hard to persuade to stay in one place for the picture.

When i woke up the first morning. A kookaburra was staring at me through the door. And went on with his breakfast.  I made the most of my own before i went quad riding. Great fun!! My 2 hour tour was slightly stretched to take enough photo's of the region and of me doning water crossings and stuff.

In the afternoon Steve took us to the Hollow Mountain carpark for the hike. My legs still hurt.... And going up on a rockface that is near vertical, with a backpack full of camera stuff isn't the easiest thing to do. Going down even harder still. But had great fun. Saw 2 echidna's gang-gang cockatoo's and much more

My last day is spent hiking around the grounds and preparing for my trip back to melbourne, where i am now...

Pictures will be added as soon as i join my own laptop again around christmas

reikunboy says:
i love the grampians too
Posted on: Dec 17, 2008
Grampians Hostels review
Affordable lodge, with lots to see and do
The asses ears wilderness lodge is located some 40 km south of Horsham. When i called the lodge and asked if there were any places available they con… read entire review
Grampians