Route Layout From Saigon to Hanoi

Vietnam Travel Blog

16 Dec - Arrive in Saigon. Check in the Saigon Mini hotel ($28 USD per nite) then possibly tour around the city on one of the motorbikes (wonder how that's going to turn out). Visit the War Remnants Museum.

17 Dec - Visit the Cu Chi Tunnel (Dia Dau Cu Chi) and shoot some AK-47 (If I get enough courage to do that). Going to a spa called Eden garden (recommended by my aunt) that should be good.

18 Dec - Leave Saigon for Nha Trang. Train number SN2 departing 20.05 and should arrive in Nha Trang approximately 06.30. It is going to be a 625 minutes trip (hang on let me get my calculator...so that is around 11 hours of butt flatting train ride!) I guess it is okay since the train is going to travel at night so I could just sleep along the way. Ticket probably around 1000 Dong.

19 Dec - Arrive in Nha Trang. Check in hotel called Va Han (+84 58 352545) which would cost around $28 Singapore Dollars. It is close to the beach I heard so probably going to go seafood hunting there..YUM YUM

20 Dec - Leave Nha Trang for Hue...(I wonder if there is any train going to Hoi An from Nha Trang..I heard the place is quite nice too). Train number SE6 departing 20.13 and should arrive to Hue around 08.15 (722 minutes = 12 hours train ride..there goes my bubbly bottom).

21 Dec - Arrive in Hue and go straight to Indo Chine Hotel ($21SGD per nite). I am not quite sure what is in Hue but hopefully it is close to the beach. Do a bit of souvenirs shopping and seafood hunting.

22 Dec - Leave Hue for Hanoi (this is going to be a killer ride of 951 minutes which is around 16 hours train ride..YIKES!) Will get on a train number TN8, leaving 20.14 and should get me to Hanoi around 12.05 the next day!

23 Dec - Arriving in Hanoi. Hopefully by then the people from Blue Dragon would have contacted me (And I hope it wouldn't rain too!). Check in a hotel called Venus 2 (I still can't believe that they only charge like $5 SGD per nite! isnt that exciting!) so will recuperate in Hanoi and visit The Blue Dragon Children's Foundation (www.bdcf.org).

24 Dec - Go on a bus trip to Halong Bay and check the place out. Return to Hanoi and pack my stuff ready to go back down south. (or perhaps I should just stay for one more night in Halong Bay at Cong Doan Hotel ($25SGD per nite) but we shall see.

25 Dec - Christmas day. I be on my way from Hanoi down to Da Nang hopefully. Train number SE1 departing around 19.00 and arrive in Da Nang 11.08 approx. It is going to be a 968 minutes ride (16 hours..OMG) Will see if I could find a way to go to Hoi An.

26 Dec - In Da Nang.

27 Dec - Travel down back to Nha Trang.

28 Dec - Leave Nha Trang for Saigon.

29 Dec - Arrive in Saigon and stay in the first hotel I've been to. Phew.

29 - 30 Dec - Recuperate and do some light shopping.

31 Dec - Leave Saigon for Brunei. PHEW!