My final week in London

London Travel Blog

Futuristic pod

This blog marks our final week in London before my big move to The Netherlands with my Dutch other half. My parents drove down to spend a couple of days with us before I'm on the move again (I don't think they can quite believe they produced such an impulsive child seeing as they have never travelled anyway in their life and don't like change!!)

What better way to end our stay in London.....go on the London Eye, eventually. I have been meaning to go on this thing since we arrived. Unfortunately we didn't pick the best day weatherwise but I'm still pretty chuffed with the photo's I made.  What a great view from up there, well worth it, a very enjoyable 40 minutes spent, recommend it to everyone. 15.50 each seemed a little pricey but it is a once in a lifetime thing so don't let that put you off, everything costs a bomb in London, not going to miss that.

The Ivy

After all the sightseeing and strolling around Westminster Ma and myself decided we needed some retail therapy, so we headed on to Covent Garden, our favourite area of London, to have a nosey at the great little gift shops. Ma also wanted to buy me a replacement Fossil purse for my birthday after I had mine stolen down Kings Rd, Chelsea last week :-(  On our way we spotted the infamous ''Ivy'' restaurant the celebs seem to favour, didn't look anything special from outside (Ma embarassing us by pressing her nose up against the frosted windows to see if she could see a celebrity! How ironic that I then spotted Roger Daltrey from The Who strolling past us, my mum completely oblivious!)

On our arrival at Covent Garden we were pleasantly surprised by the excellent street entertainers on this cold, damp Monday lunchtime.

I could easily spend all day glued to this spot. The afternoon soon passed and my other half was flagging a little, he's not so keen of being on his feet all day long and even less of a fan of shopping, so his face was a picture when I suggested to Mum we should check out the new shopping mall at Shepherds Bush on our way home, hehehe. Well it is open for business til 9 or 10pm each weekday, can't go home while shops are still open! We managed to talk the men folk into agreeing to this by going to Pizza Express for tea, yummy. :-) Go to the main one in Shepherds Bush if you are in the area, extremely friendly service and great grub, I know they are part of a chain but they are a much nicer, more authentic, upmarket alternative to Pizza Hut!

We also stumbled upon the 'Watchmen' movie premier at the Odeon, Leicester Square on our way home, couldn't really get close enough to get decent photo's and the only celebs we saw were Jonathan Ross (film critic and tv presenter) and his missus.

All in all, a fab day, roll on tomorrow :-)

Transitory says:
Your mom sounds adorable!
Posted on: May 24, 2009
Picadilly Circus
Picadilly Circus
Is it hometime yet??
''Is it hometime yet??''
hehehe, no this one is Is it hom…
hehehe, no this one is ''Is it ho…
Pizza Express, Shepherds Bush