The deep freeze in Green Bay

Green Bay Travel Blog

Though we have four seasons in my hometown of Green Bay, Wisconsin, the cold winter months are the most thought of around the country because of our televised Packer football games.

2007 was a year that we broke a 100 year record for winter snowfall totals with over 103" of snow in one season.  This year we are already on pace to beat that record as we have already received about 19" in just three snowstorms.

So far in 2008, after snowing every-other day, tomorrow we are scheduled to surpass to surpass the all-time snowiest December on record beating the 1877 record of 36".  The photos shown here are from only the 3rd snowfall of the season; we have had about six since then.

****
Here it is February of 2009 already, time sure flies!  Our snowfall has finally eased and though the cold had settled in, clear roads make for easier traveling.

I have taken a few more photos, mostly of my neighbors' yard. It is truly a winter wonderland!  They do such a magnificent job of keeping their yard beautiful and interesting even when covered with snow in the depths of the winters here.

sweetsummerdaiz says:
Frosty window panes.
Frosty window panes.
Frosted window panes
Frosted window panes
Even the dog is covered with snow.
Even the dog is covered with snow.
2 days after the last storm, the s…
2 days after the last storm, the …
Green Bay