The Bahama's

Nassau Travel Blog

 › entry 3 of 3 › view all entries

Together with two friends and my friend's roommates, we went to Nassau on a cruise for cheap. The reservations had to be made by phone (because we are European) and just when the salesperson got our creditcardnumber, the phoneline went dead (prepaid phone....). As we didn't know whether we could just visit there and then go back to the US, we now had tickets, but not the confirmation that we could re-enter the US. So we kinda found out that it was poosible, but it still wasn't sure.

We arrived thursday at port canaveral, Florida (almost without getting lost, hurray) and we could check in without any problems. They did take our visum, but we got it back at re-entering the US on sunday.

As it was my first cruise ever overseas, I was surprised by the size of the ship, all the personal and the facilities there. Our room was with curtains, but without windows... and a bathroom biger then I expected. Our beds were made up twice a day and we got a nice towel-animal everyday:). And then the foooooood, it was just lovely!! I expected nothing much, because food and some drinks were included, but what we got was just great. In the evening and morning dinner was served and in the afternoon you could get lunch at several places. They had entertainment troughout the day (some better, some not so...). I loved the calypso players in the afternoon and the stand-upcomedian in the evening. Every night they had karaoke and we wanted to sing, but when we decided which song to sing we were to late.
I think it was better for the public to not hear us sing, but still it was a pity;).

In Nassau a driver showed us around the island and our final stop was at the Atlantis hotel. He showed us the aquarium and afterwards brought us to the beach nearby. Although we were on the Bahamas were the sun is supposed to shine, we had some rain. We luckily also had some sun, so we could enjoy the sea and the beach. In the evening we went to the city to experience the nightlife over there. One friend didn't feel like coming, so went just with the two of us. We first couldn't find the exit to the streets, but when we found it we went on our way to Senor Frogs. There were some young Nassaumen standing on the side walk (probably waiting for girls like us to pass by) and the said something to my friend.

I ignored them, but she began talking. They were quite nice, but we did not want go to the beach with we walked further. On the ship they told us to go to Senor Frog, but it looked quite empty, so we went on to another place where there was salsa. We didn't like it there  also (we're picky;)), so we thought are night would end quick, but then we met her roommates. We decided to go to a club nearby the ship, which we ignored earlier, to find out it could have better been our first choice. Lovely music, enough room to dance (in the beginning) and a nice breeze because they had no windows.

After the night out we were supposed to get up real early to go the customs. When we heard knocking on the door we knew we didn't hear our alarm clocks and I was afraid we would be late. Being late meant holding up everyone on the ship. So we hurried upstairs (me in a bathrobe) to see a long long line of people waiting. We waited and waited and after a while it was our turn. Of course the customguy had to make a remark about my bathrobe, but it didn't get me into any trouble;). So that was our trip in short!!

Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
4,406 km (2,738 miles) traveled
Sponsored Links
photo by: jhenthorne