Back in time

Berlin Travel Blog

Up early at 7:00 this morning for breakfast before departing on our city orientation tour (which, thankfully, was a coach tour.)  We drove past all the major sights of Berlin, and had a chance to stop and take pictures at a few.  At the end of our driving tour, Vicki, our TM, had a special surprise for us: we were going to see Sachsenhausen, one of the German concentration camps (which was later used by the Soviets after WWII).

After getting back from the camp, I decided to use my free afternoon for sleeping, as we had a big night ahead of us, so I went back to the hotel with Nardene, Julie, and Marianna for a nap before getting ready for our first optional, the Eye Spy Berlin walking tour, which was a historical tour of the Stazi and what it would have been like to live in East Germany during the Cold War.  The second half of our walking tour was a pub crawl with an included drink at 2 bars and free entry into a club at the end.  Lots of alcohol was consumed by all, which made this a great first night out together.  I finally made it to bed around 3:30

photo by: CFD