Koh Tao

Koh Tao Travel Blog

Didn't plan on ever going to Koh Tao, however a friend of mine was working as a dive master at the Coral Grand resort. I decided I would check it out and do my open water course there.
Had a really good time here, out of all the Islands in the area I would recommend Koh Tao the most. There are plenty of places to get good food and drink, the beaches are beautiful and cleaner than the surrounding Islands. Ended up staying here for a week on the resort, we were hanging around with revolverheld, there a huge band in Germany apparently...we found out at the end of the trip that they were actually famous! Nice guys all the same.
Please see my review of the resort for more details.

Getting to and from the Island is pretty handy there are plenty of boats that will bring you to the surrounding islands or back to the mainland at Surrithani.

The open water course at the time set us back about €190 and the accommodation worked out at about €5 each a night between me and my friend…. Probably could have found somewhere better and cheaper but decided to stay on the resort for convenience sake!

If I ever get a chance I will go back and definitely participate in more dives and go deeper this time, the dives I did were amazing but it would have been nice to go deeper and have a little bit more freedom.

Koh Tao