Bourbon Street and Jackson Square

New Orleans Travel Blog

I'm not sure really what to say about New Orleans.  It's definitely different from Seattle, but then again, so was Maryland.  Every Big City Tourist Destination has something common with with other Big City Tourist Destinations, and that's that they're big and filled with tourists, and they have tall buildings clumped together in the same place.  That's about where the similarities end.  Bourbon Street is quite interesting.  There's one main street with many interesting side streets crisscrossing it, and the main hub of activity is on Bourbon, even when it's not Mardi Gras.  There are at least a hundred bars and clubs, all pumping out their music at decibels that made me surprised that glass wasn't shattering left and right.  My favorite bar there was the Dungeon, a metal bar that only had rock and metal on the juke box.  I also danced away the night at One Eyed Jacks that had 80's night.  The best food I had down there was a gyro from Ali Baba's.

Jackson Square was beautiful.  Nicer that Bourbon Street, and it's also the home of Cade Du Mond.  Let me tell you, it definitely lives up to the hype.  The beignets are absoutely delicious.
mr_shanet says:
loud music = sounds like other places i have been like in Colombia, where you dont really want to be inside the place because the music is so loud, as they try and get people from the street to be interested. I will show this blog to my mom, i know she will like it :)
Posted on: Jun 27, 2013
Cathedral
Cathedral
The best street name ever!
The best street name ever!
Thought this was funny
Jackson Square
Looking towards the Mississippi
Looking towards the Mississippi
New Orleans Nightlife & Entertainment review
A bar for people who like metal and rock music
The jukebox doesn't have any country music... no pop... no hip hop or R&B...... and THANK GOD. If you don't like your music loud, then you won't want… read entire review
New Orleans Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Delicious Greek Falafels and Gyros
I will keep this review simple. The food is amazing. It doesn't taste pre-processed like the gyro meat I've had at other places. The tzatziki sauce… read entire review