Jakarta Travel Blog

The Jakarta Story Project, was initiated by a friend of mine, Marko [TB Kabokee] and Adian [TB Adian]. The idea came up when one of our TB Friend from France, Nico [TB Jean_Padutout] been meaning to transit in Jakarta before heading to Lombok/Bali. I've been finding a hard time deciding what should we do with Nico, as this is his first time to Jakarta, and I ended up Googled my answers. Surprised to find there are not many informations you can dig about Jakarta travel guide through the net, and some of what I find didn't even sound promotionally good (try this as an example :  The most mentioned scene in those Google list was Jalan Jaksa, the one (and only) backpacker area we have in Jakarta. One of the site on the Google list even said that Jakarta was not as friendly as other city in Indonesia for backpackers, so you can imagine the condition of the area from that description.

Well, the project was originally named "Screw-Jalan-Jaksa Project". Because we want to write anything else other than what happened in Jalan Jaksa. Other scene where you, as foreign travelers, can blend in with the locales in Jakarta and still feel the thrill of adventure. But then on second thought, I do love Jalan Jaksa, so let's not screw it :). And we haven't got the confidence to write a travel guide, therefore the project named Jakarta Story Project (and not Jakarta Guide Project) because it is more of a bundle of stories we want to share.

So here it is the Jakarta Story Project, drafted and brought to you by some amateur writers and reviewers (by 'amateur' we mean some details may skip, some pictures may blur, and some updates may delay..but we'll try our best!! *promise*) . We try to put every writings as honest as we can pictured, so you possibly find some things just not that nice... But then, it's all the mess that makes Jakarta's face even more beautiful. Hope you find something interesting and useful for your Jakarta visit. And further more, we hope to promote Jakarta for your dream destination.

PS: any inputs, questions and critics from you guys will be very useful for this projects.

photo by: cicie