Morro del Jable Travel Blog

Both times we went to Fuerteventura we stayed in Jandia. Jandia is the southern end of Fuerteventura with a lot of great beaches! The highest point, Pico de Zarza, is also here. We rented a 4WD and did a tour to the wilder part of the island, it is pretty rough surface and a very remote area. When we got the farest point the wind got so strong that we could hardly walk.

Morro Jable is an old fishing port with lovely restaurants, it takes about one hour from the airport. We had a fantastic seafood platter for dinner and a enjoyed the great view over the ocean. One of the best places I have seen while we were there. From Morro Jable you can take a ferry to the next Canary Island - Gran Canaria-.

The Fuerteventura beaches are great - the best beaches of the Canary Islands for sure but both times we went there it was pretty windy and sometimes it got so bad that we had to leave the beach and go back to the hotel pool.

Getting sanddusted is pretty painful! :-(

Another day we toured around the island and went to Ajuy, a small village on the West coast of the Island - very different look, the beach is black and the water no as calm like in the South! There are some caves  which we unfortunatley did not get to see, they are in the northern end of the beach. If you are lucky with the weather you can spot the shipwreck of the American Star. We did not see it!

For a nice relaxing holiday Fuerteventura is a sure very nice place to go to. I remember they were building a lot of new hotels so I am not sure what it looks like/ is like now! I hope they did not overload it now!

Morro del Jable