Vang Vieng

Vang Vieng Travel Blog

Woke up resonably early, had breakfast and went to morning market bus station. The locacl bus to Vang Vieng was PACKED to the brim. Some minibus driver offered us his minibus for double the price of the local bus- we negotiated down to 45,000 (15,000 more than the local bus but included hotel drop-off) Obviously Prince Harry was there, and some other American girls from San Francisco who were really nice and pretty smart. 4 hours later we got to Vang Vieng, walked around for a bit, saw squeaky voiced German guy walking around with no shoes, and finally found a place to settled down- Thavisouk for 40,000 Kip. We still had Johor with us in his water-bottle-nest, unfortunately I went to the toilet and when I returned I saw a very sad Livia and a dead Johor. We tried to cremate him so we could scatter his ashes but he didn't burn so we just made a mess instead.

Found this wonderful restaurant called Lacto which became our regular place for food. Watched 'Friends' all day. It's so funny because VV is EXACTLY how everyone had described it- chilled out backpacker town with restaurants blaring out Friends all day. Some have Family Guy or the Simpsons to shake it up a little.

Vang Vieng