Still Leaving Cambo...

Stung Treng Travel Blog

Bus to Stung Treng, had to The bus to Stung Treng was an interesting journey… we were the only Whities, and there were quite a few Monks bundled onto the bus. There was one Cambodian woman who kept staring at us, like literally turned round in her seat infront, and whenever we looked back she quickly ducked down. When it was time for lunch they all ignored us- it felt like China again.

On arrival we got ambushed by 10 tuk-tuk driver/hotel touts. We took the one who was offering a free lift to some unknown hotel where it was $4 for 2 beds, TV, and bathroom. This restored my faith in Cambodian prices. Just stay away from the main tourist areas and lo and behold, cheap prices will be upon you again! We booked a bus to the border through our hotel. This means we’re finally leaving Cambodia tomorrow, taking a total of 3 days. Damn Cambodia’s lack of roads… saying this, we’re about to embark upon Laos, the only proper road being Route 13… Hmm. Carrying on the stuff-in-a-bag franchise we bought some fruit-cocktail and got chased/avoided more dogs. I will definitely never miss the Cambodian dogs. Fear for losing limbs/getting rabies has never been so high in my life.
stay ANOTHER night.