My Son Ruins

Hoi An Travel Blog

Woke up at 8.10am today. Our tour bus was meant to pick us up at 8am. So Livia ran downstairs and it turned out the hotel hadn't called for the bus yet so we had 10 more minutes. Phew.

Got onto the bus and had to sit on the end of a sleeper seat while somebody else was sprawled out taking up most of the room (uncomfortable) and met our hilarious over-exaggerated, tour guide. Got to My Son and walked for 10 minutes, we were looking at the floor so much (it was muddy and slippery) we didn't even realise when we got to the ruins “Oh no, I forgot to look!”. They were really and big and pointy and cool and actually ruined (no stupid construction work apart from on one a bit further along) and we went inside one and it was pitch black but the guide had a torch and showed us the bats.

Got on a boat back and had another small lunch, but I got another plate. Yay! We met a Dutch woman who had adopted a Chinese girl, but they were both living in Vietnam and she went to an International school. The little girl was saying something and we asked the mum what she was saying, to which her reply was “I’ve go no idea” because she was basically speaking Dutch, English, Vietnamese, and Chinese althougher! Note to self: too many languages can be confusing! Back in Hoi An we just wondered around and bought some of these cool Vietnamese lanterns.
Hoi An