AsiaVietnamSapa

Sapa- Bike Ride Hell

Sapa Travel Blog

Finally we got to Lao Cai at like 6am and got on another tin can bus to Sa Pa.

Some crazy talky woman got on our bus and took us to Pinnochio Hotel where they had MASSIVE rooms with massive beds for 100,000 Dong (4 pounds). We went to the market and later booked a 2 day- 1 night tour thing to fancypants (Mount. Fan Si Phan- Indochina's highest mountain at 3,143 metres) through Sapa Pathfinder Travel who this girl called Bics works for. We asked her about the bus to Lai Chau (which is now called Muong Lay apparently): "We have bus"

She then asked us if we wanted to stay at her hotel after the climb: "We have room". She matched our price of of 100,000. "We have luggage store" "We have laundry" as well. Soon followed when asked by "We have bicycles"

So we drove (rolled) down the valley for 4km until we got to some pot hole made from an awesome waterfall that we climbed. And then I slipped and muddied my bum. At the bottom we met a lovely man that skinned a dog and and was washing it's intestines in the same water this girl was doing her laundry in. Then we TREKKED back up for ages and Livia had a hissy fit.

Back in Sa Pa we got approached by more "You buy from me?" people. Was too tired to wash back at the hotel so just crashed out in our princess beds with mosquito nets.

Sapa