AsiaVietnamHue

Rainy Hue

Hue Travel Blog

Flight was horrible because it was only 1 hour so we didn't get up high enough to get out of the stupid cloud and Livia was sick in the aisle because she couldn't handl her snake wine and some man ran away from her. Got to the tiny Hue airport to be greeted by rain and more sick.

Got a bus into the centre and found the hotel nicely thanks to the Footprints map rather than Rough Guide. Hotel cost us 70,000dong each (3quid- expensive side of things so we stole the towels, well not stole, just swapped. I never steal. Okay, we maybe stole more free soap and shampoo from rooms along the corridor that were unlocked.)

We asked our hotel if they did food because there was tables laid out, and all set up, but apparently they didn’t serve food, perhaps it was just there for decoration. Instead they pointed us across the road to another hotel that had a whole wall devoted to massive lettering reading “Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner” so we surely they must have food? No. Not them either.

Cycled to some pagoda and then came back in our first central Vietnam rain cloud. Got absolutely drenched to the bone and Livia was scared of all the cars (so was I actually because they were blinding) and then we got to our crossroads and I couldn't turn left because there were so many cars and motorbikes coming at me and cutting me up so I ended up turning right and then just crossed over the road and went straight. But then I still almost got killed. Meh.
Got back and tried to dry our money and hoped nobody came in because it looked like were creating fake money or something else as illegal. Since the rain didn’t stop, we watched like 5 films and then realised it was too late for dinner
Hue