Kwang Si and Sites

Luang Prabang Travel Blog

Wow. Day 100! It seems like only yesterday it was Day 50 and only 2 days ago I was leaving. Okay, not quite. It does feel like quite a long time, just not long enough!

Anyway, so Monday after a lot of faffing around, we got a tuk-tuk to agree to take us to Kwang Si waterfall and back for 130,000Kip (it is like 30km away- and a motorbike to hire would have been like 200,000Kip!!) Got to the waterfall and it was AMAZING. Just like in all the pictures. You’d think I’d be bored of waterfalls by now- but no. This one had about 7 different tiers, really spread out and each pool had turquoise-blue water (which was freezing so I didn’t swim). We climbed all the way to the top, and then practically slid all the way down. Went for a paddle in one of the pools but it was still freezing (I was shivering).

The mud was really slippery and some had to push me up because I kept falling on her.

Later on we went to the night market again, ate, and then looked around and bought a few souvenirs. We even saw the Phnom Penh English girls again.

In the morning the roosters started croaking, and the monks started drumming so I woke up pretty early today. We went to see the sites of Luang Prabang- went to Wat That (we only went because of the name that we have many lolls about –“what wat?” “That wat” “you mean what that” etc…) Then we went to the Royal Palace museum which is conveniently closed on Tuesday but proceeded round the grounds anyway and saw someone sleeping in the shade. I love this country, just people laying down and sleeping anywhere and everywhere! Asked some gardeners where the boat dock was and we walked went to book a boat to Pakbeng, the first leg of our 2 day journey out of Laos, into Thailand.

Luang Prabang